Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a new or used Volvo S90 in Washington can be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to make it easier.
There is a better way to compare insurance rates and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Volvo and locate the best price possible from Seattle insurance agents and online providers.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Seattle insurance shoppers could save themselves roughly $430 a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Buying the most affordable protection in Seattle is not as time-consuming as you think. If you have a current insurance policy or just want a better rate, you can follow these tips to lower your rates without reducing protection. Drivers only need an understanding of how to compare rates from many companies at once.
Quote Seattle Volvo S90 insurance online
Many insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get price estimates directly from their websites. Getting Volvo S90 insurance prices online doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form their rating system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and quotes a price.
Being able to quote online for Volvo S90 insurance in Seattle simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to perform this step if you are searching for affordable prices.
To quickly compare rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Washington. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Volvo S90
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Seattle, buying insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volvo S90, almost all lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
Many things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Pay more out-of-pocket – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Volvo. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be.
Accidents can be expensive – Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Just one driving citation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with serious tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
How old are your drivers? – Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.Young drivers have a tendency to be less responsible with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Prices increase with policy add-ons – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
Insurance rates for married couples – Being married may cut your premiums on your car insurance policy. Marriage translates into being less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest rates are generally reserved for low performance passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Volvo S90 is a luxury sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost more when compared to the average rates in Seattle.
Cheaper rates on Volvo S90 insurance in Seattle with these auto insurance discounts
Some companies don’t list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Seattle car insurance quote when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, military active duty, daytime running lights, anti-theft, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including company car, multiple vehicles, air bags, paid in full, group or association, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance may include discounts for emergency road assistance, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, good driver, and online quote.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, good driver, and passive restraint.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Insurance agents can help
When selecting adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Will my Volvo S90 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Who is covered when they drive my Volvo S90?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Neighborhood Seattle auto insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is especially important in Seattle.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Seattle who will give you quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your house because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Auto insurance agents in Seattle come in two varieties
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below are Seattle independent agencies that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- Adams Insurance
8613 35th Ave NE – Seattle, WA 98115 – (206) 523-8660 – View Map
- Johnson Insurance Agency
9200 Holman Rd NW – Seattle, WA 98117 – (206) 789-5940 – View Map
- Roy Potter Insurance
412 Queen Anne Ave N – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-0470 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Seattle willing to provide price quotes.
- Kent Christianson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1705 N 45th, Ste A – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 632-8000 – View Map
- David Lo – State Farm Insurance Agent
12705 Renton Ave S – Seattle, WA 98178 – (206) 772-3388 – View Map
- Paulla Suy – State Farm Insurance Agent
900 S Jackson St #213 – Seattle, WA 98104 – (206) 381-3733 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Where would glass claims be handled in Seattle?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Upon getting acceptable answers for all questions you ask as well as a price you’re happy with, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that will adequately provide auto insurance. Just be aware that you can terminate coverage at any time so don’t feel that you are obligated to your new company with no way out.
Affordable car insurance prices are available
We just presented many ways to compare Volvo S90 insurance premium rates in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies.
As you quote Seattle car insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company is easier than you think.
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Learners Permit in Seattle? (FAQ)
- How Much is Seattle Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)