There isn’t a single person who likes buying auto insurance, in particular when the cost is way too high.
Regrettably, almost 70% of insureds in Washington have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. American drivers could cut their rates by roughly $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates and save money.
Insurance companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO continually hit you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to see through the deception and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you currently have car insurance, you will definitely be able to save money using the concepts covered in this article. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Seattle is really not that difficult. Although Washington drivers benefit from understanding the way insurance companies calculate their prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Seattle auto insurance quote.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Some companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To choose companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Washington, click this link.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Volvo V40 insurance in Seattle is to know auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is give them some information including your education level, how much you drive, driver ages, and level of coverage desired. The rating information is instantly sent to multiple auto insurance providers and you will get price comparisons quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Volvo V40 now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Washington. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get better car insurance rates.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance rates – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. The most favorable rates are usually found on lower cost passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Because the Volvo V40 is a sedan, insurance will be about the same compared to average rates in Seattle.
Car insurance policy lapses increase prices – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Washington motor vehicle department.
Improve your credit rating and save – Credit history can be an important factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Volvo V40 by improving your rating. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with worse credit.
Cheaper rates by consolidating – The majority of insurers afford lower prices to policyholders who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Insurance is expensive for younger drivers – Beginning drivers in Washington are proven to be inattentive behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
A lot of people just want to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is still important in Seattle.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Seattle that can provide free Seattle auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a local Seattle insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies may be either independent or exclusive.
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, you need to check rates from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are Seattle independent insurance agencies who may provide free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Seattle exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing a auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Seattle should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Seattle?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are they full-time agents?
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though Seattle V40 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volvo, most lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Volvo. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is wasting up to $800 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Be persistent and save
Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced Volvo V40 insurance in Seattle is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to shop for Volvo V40 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company. Smaller companies can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional car insurance information is located at the links below
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)