Want to know an easy way to compare the cheapest insurance rates in Seattle, WA? Seattle shoppers have a choice when shopping for affordable Volvo V60 insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or use the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Volvo and find the lowest price from both online companies and Seattle agents.
Most larger insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get pricing on their websites. Comparing Volvo V60 insurance rates online is very simple because you just enter the coverages you want into a form. After you submit the form the quote system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on these factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get affordable insurance pricing.
In order to compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you are getting rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Washington. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volvo V60 insurance in Seattle
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before being credited.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Seattle auto insurance quote.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, multiple policy, good student, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide offers discounts including good student, accident-free, easy pay, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, daytime running lights, military active duty, anti-theft, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, education and occupation, good driver, and multi-car.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for 55 and older, automatic seat belts, early bird, student driver, air bags, good student, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, air bag, driver training, anti-theft, and bundle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered in your state. To see insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Washington, click here.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Volvo V60 Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating. Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that aid in calculating your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in better insurance rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your prices.
- Protect yourself with liability – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates when shopping for insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Does your vocation raise your premiums? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as lawyers, airline pilots, and accountants are shown to have the highest average rates due to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, careers such as professors, historians and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Things like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- A insurance lapse can increase premiums – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse can be a quick way to increase your insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Washington department of motor vehicles.
- City dwellers may pay more – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims People who live in big cities have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
- Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If the Volvo V60 is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Gender is a factor – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Men and women are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. They also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Volvo V60 claim probability – Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the data shows to have increased losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the loss history for Volvo V60 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo V60 Vehicles
Specific Volvo Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo V60 2WD 68 53 Volvo V60 4WD 136 75
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need an agent?
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Seattle that can give you free Seattle auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Seattle should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How long has their agency been in business in Seattle?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver and delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
There are still a few companies who may not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Cheap Volvo V60 insurance in Seattle is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
We covered some good ideas how you can compare Volvo V60 insurance premium rates in Seattle. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Seattle auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- How Much are Seattle Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Seattle Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)