How long has it been since you shopped around for lower-priced Lexus RX 400h insurance in Seattle? Saving money on Lexus RX 400h insurance in Seattle can seem to be difficult for drivers not familiar with quoting coverage rates online. People have so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can quickly become a chore to find the perfect company for you.
Statistics show that over 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,200, Seattle drivers can cut their rates by about $430 a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Seattle insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current RX 400h insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Lexus RX 400h insurance.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Seattle could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on RX 400h insurance in Seattle.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the web.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Seattle Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Seattle. To see insurance companies that offer discounts in Washington, click here to view.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more prices will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Seattle, WA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save Money with These Tips
Many different elements are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Guys pay more for insurance – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Lexus RX 400h earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Employer stress can affect prices – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Jobs such as lawyers, airline pilots, and dentists are shown to have the highest rates attributed to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers like scientists, students and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Rates go up with performance – The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Since the Lexus RX 400h is classified as a luxury SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost substantially more in price than the average rate where you live in Seattle. Low performance passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Will just any policy work for me?
When selecting coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Does my Lexus RX 400h qualify for pleasure use?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
You may need help from an insurance agent
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Seattle.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Seattle car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you directly. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
The difference between Seattle car insurance agents
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Seattle that may be able to give you price quotes.
- Christopher Togawa Insurance Agency
222 Etruria St # 110 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 838-9450 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance Group
6055 California Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98136 – (206) 932-2500 – View Map
- Secord Agency Insurance
265 NE 45th St – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 783-4024 – View Map
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below are Seattle exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Mark Hafemeister – State Farm Insurance Agent
14322 Lake City Way NE – Seattle, WA 98125 – (206) 365-0600 – View Map
- Greg Nunn – State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Roy St #102 – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 284-9700 – View Map
- Kent Christianson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1705 N 45th, Ste A – Seattle, WA 98103 – (206) 632-8000 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How are they compensated?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Seattle?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Once you have received satisfactory answers to these questions and a good coverage price, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus RX 400h in Seattle, paying for insurance is required by state law in Washington and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Lexus RX 400h but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
As you prepare to switch companies, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
We covered a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Lexus RX 400h insurance in Seattle. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Lexus RX 400h insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Seattle Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)