Do you need a fast way to compare the cheapest Acura RL insurance in Seattle? When looking for cheaper insurance, are you intimidated by the crazy number of auto insurance sources that you can choose from? Lot’s of other drivers are too. Consumers have so many sources to choose from that it can easily become a big hassle to find the best prices for Acura RL insurance in Seattle. Everyone knows Seattle is a wonderful place to live, but high auto insurance prices can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to pay other bills every month.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most drivers in Washington have been with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in the United States could save 47% every year by just shopping around, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes.
These discounts can slash Acura RL insurance rates
Car insurance is expensive, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to study driving habits remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when getting a Seattle car insurance quote.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Seattle and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new RL may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Seattle. To locate insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Washington, click here to view.
To find cheap rates, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from lots of Washington insurance companies. The simplest method to lower the rate you pay for Acura RL insurance is simply to get online rate quotes.
It’s important to know that making a lot of price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company provides online Seattle RL insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$270||$584||$278||$16||$82||$1,230||$103|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$222||$370||$386||$22||$116||$1,116||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific Seattle garaging location which can revise coverage rates considerably.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims impact Acura RL insurance prices for each different age category. The rates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lower Your Seattle Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get big savings. Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- File a claims and pay more – Auto insurance companies in Washington provide discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Do you need those incidental coverages? – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most major companies give a discount for people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare other Seattle RL insurance rates to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
- Being married equates to better rates – Getting married can get you a discount compared to being single. Marriage is viewed as being more financially stable it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Never allow your auto insurance policy to lapse – Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time.
- Low coverage deductibles mean high rates – The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Insurance loss probability for an Acura RL – Insurers factor in insurance loss information to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates.
The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Acura RL vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Acura RL Models
Specific Acura Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your auto insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Compare prices but work with a local Seattle insurance agency
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is sent to participating agents in Seattle that can provide free Seattle car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an insurance company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Seattle should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
When researching a local Seattle insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they function. Agents in Seattle may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Seattle that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jeremy Olson
7 Denny Way – Seattle, WA 98109 – (206) 956-0580 – View Map
- Luan Vu – State Farm Insurance Agent
6951 Martin Luther King Jr Way S #224 – Seattle, WA 98118 – (206) 243-3041 – View Map
- Brent Amacher – State Farm Insurance Agent
2319 California Ave SW Ste A – Seattle, WA 98116 – (206) 935-0499 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Seattle independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Sav-On Insurance
9614 17th Ave SW – Seattle, WA 98106 – (206) 767-7444 – View Map
- Grange Insurance Association
200 Cedar St – Seattle, WA 98121 – (800) 247-2643 – View Map
- C. Don Filer Agency
4201 Roosevelt Way NE #200 – Seattle, WA 98105 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
Choosing the best RL insurance in Washington is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance is mandatory in Washington but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Washington these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Acura, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
The cheapest Acura RL insurance in Seattle is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned many ways to save on Acura RL insurance in Seattle. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Much more information about auto insurance in Washington can be found at the links below
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Seattle Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Seattle? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)