Do you want to stop overpaying and find more competitive Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Seattle? Overpriced Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Seattle can stress out your savings account and put a big crunch on your finances. Performing a price comparison is recommended to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in Seattle can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
Companies like State Farm and GEICO continually hit you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Save with these discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can save you money since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with a few insurance companies.
- E-sign – Many larger companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers could receive better insurance rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- 21st Century may include discounts for 55 and older, early bird, driver training, anti-lock brakes, student driver, and teen driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, safe vehicle, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, business or organization, good student, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good student, DriveSense, good driver, paid-in-full, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford has discounts for air bag, driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
Double check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply in Seattle. To choose insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Seattle, click here.
Most companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get coverage price quotes on the web. Getting quotes for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Seattle is quite easy as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information into the form. Upon sending the form, their rating system obtains your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote. Being able to quote online for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Seattle makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to perform this step if you want to find the best car insurance rates.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will get comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The following companies provide free quotes in Washington. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$136||$272||$384||$22||$114||$928||$77|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$122||$236||$334||$20||$100||$812||$68|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$202||$358||$300||$18||$90||$968||$81|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$136||$278||$310||$18||$92||$834||$70|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$124||$242||$282||$16||$84||$748||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Washington minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise premium rates noticeably.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Washington. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline of when to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Jeep Grand Cherokee settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Jeep Grand Cherokee yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Careless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims can influence Jeep Grand Cherokee auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Washington?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Compare prices but still have a local Seattle insurance agency
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Seattle.
By using this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Seattle that give free quotes for your coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Types of auto insurance agents in Seattle
When searching for a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that you can select. Car insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can write business through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are Seattle independent insurance agents that can possibly get you free car insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Seattle that can give you rate quotes.
Mark Hafemeister – State Farm Insurance Agent
14322 Lake City Way NE – Seattle, WA 98125 – (206) 365-0600 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Washington?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How long has their agency been in business in Seattle?
In the end, you can save money
When searching for affordable Seattle car insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper insurance in Seattle can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Seattle, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests and even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Seattle? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Seattle? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Seattle Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)